Friday, February 13, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I never go anywhere without my sketchbook.

I like living in the quiet suburbs, but like working/ being in an active urban environment.

I don't like the telephone.

I have been married for 15 years and have 2 kids (daughter & stepdaughter) that I could not be more proud of.

I grew up surfing and skateboarding, stopped both in the 90s, and now do both again and love and appreciate them more than ever.

I don't care that my hair is half gone, and am pretty sure it's not coming back.

I go to art galleries and/or museums at least once a week.

I love good food and good wine.

I miss living close to the beach.

I used to race bicycles.

The actual Gidget was my friend's mom when I was a kid. She was the coolest.

Agnes Martin's Writings is my favorite book.

My dad was a press photographer, and I got to go to Superbowls & World Series' as a messenger on the field.

I have met, and continue to meet, a lot of fascinating people in the artworld.

I find wearing a suit embarrassing.

I hate to dance. Unless it's a slow dance, it aint happening.

I am a recovering Catholic.

I only started painting around 1999, and don't know how I lived without it for so many years.

I have been represented by an art gallery for 5 years now.

When I was a kid, I used to skateboard down Temescal Canyon Road, while carrying my surfboard at 6 AM. Note that it gets steeper as it approaches PCH.

I am a cancer survivor.

I have a green thumb and planted over 40 trees around my house. I also like privacy.

I listen to most types of music, but love hardcore punk, and play it at an unreasonable volume when nobody is home.

I can make the perfect martini (traditional, no appletini, etc.).

Religious people scare me.

No comments: